1. A differentiated strategy: You need to be able to explain why your investment strategy is different.
2. A presentation: 1 page summary & Due Diligence Questionnaire. If you can’t explain what you’re doing in a clear concise manner your great strategy will most likely go unnoticed. Here is the presentation template we like: http://web.battlefin.com/marketing-0
3. Legal understanding for setting up correctly as an RIA or Hedge fund to legally raise capital. We are doing a conference call to better understand these topics with one of the top Hedge Fund lawyers Marc LoPresti if you are interested click here:http://web.battlefin.com/conf-call-legal
4. Capital: Every investor will ask how much skin in the game you have. If the answer is $0 it is going to be a difficult road. If it is small amount, talk about it as a percentage of your net worth.
5. Track Record: Being able to point to how your strategy has done on live capital is key. If you only have a backtest it is going to be difficult. Getting 3rd party verification of your strategy is another route. We have developed a category at BattleFin called Launch to help in this regard. Learn More on our Website www.battlefin.com
*This should not be construed as investment advice